FUTURE PLANS Anchorage Development
Posted: 7th June 2022
Posted in: Latest News
The Anchorage Hotel Site Development
One of the most exciting South Australian regional tourism developments will be built along side the Anchorage Hotel in Victor Harbor. The development will comprise of a 4 star 6 level hotel and apartment building with an international partner brand Wyndham Hotels.
ANCHORAGE STATE HERITAGE BUILDING
Below is some of the work to be undertaken to the existing heritage bulding.
- DINING: An upgrade to the restaurant and dining areas
- GROUND FLOOR: An upgrade to ground floor areas
- KITCHEN UPGRADES: New commercial kitchen
- HERITAGE GUIDELINES: Completely updated in accordance with heritage guidelines
- ROOM UPGRADES: Guest rooms to be upgraded
NEW HOTEL BUILDING
- HOTEL: 100 modern hotel rooms
- BRAND – Wyndham Hotels
- APARTMENTS: 27 apartments
- DINING: A restaurant and bar area located on level 6 with stunning sea views
- CAR PARKING: on site car parking
Stay tuned for more information.
- DURING CONSTRUCTION: 217 FTE (full time equivalent) Local and regional jobs.
- AFTER CONSTRUCTION: 112 FTE local and regional jobs during hotel operation especially young employees in the tourism sector.
- IMPACT ON LOCAL ECONOMY: Downstream economic impact of $12.4 million per annum to the regional economy.
The Wyndam Group is the largest hotel operator in the world, they have been awarded the hotel management contract.
- HOTELS: 9,000 hotels in 80 countries
- HOTEL ROOMS: Over 800,000 hotel rooms
- BRANDS: Operates under 20 different brands
- REWARDS PROGRAM: Their reward Loyalty program has 59 million members